ARNONA ROSE: SMall Firm
Committed to personal service and the attention you deserve!
Our focus is solely on solving your legal problems to your satisfaction. Whether you have a personal injury claim, criminal or family law problem, you can count on us to represent your best interests.
We will work closely with you and will fight aggressively to get you the best possible outcome. We will always keep your needs and concerns at the forefront of everything we do. You can count on us to answer all your questions and calls.
18 Wheeler Accident
18 Wheeler Accident
Garbage Truck Accident
Mail Carrier Truck Accident
A Full Service Law Firm
18 WHEELER ACCIDENTS
Small Firm. Big Difference.
Have a Personal Injury Claim? If you are considering filing a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit, our highly qualified, highly experienced attorneys will guide you through the process.
Who We Are
If you’ve been injured in an accident or accused of a crime you need an advocate – someone on your side who is highly qualified and who truly cares about you. You need Arnona Rose…
Call today to schedule a free consultation
with an experienced attorney!
For years now, we have been serving residents of the New Orleans area helping clients with big and small injuries get the compensation they deserve.
With the Attorneys at Arnona Rose by your side, you can count on:
● Authoritative, highly-effective legal counsel
● Fighting for your rights
● Answering your questions
● Serving your needs
● The peace of mind that comes with working with trusted, knowledgeable professional
Frequently Asked Question
How Much Can I Expect to Get from My Personal Injury Lawsuit?
How are damages in a personal injury case paid?
What about personal injury attorney advertisements?
Many advertisements are actually placed by referral agencies, who simply forward you to one of their member attorneys in exchange for a large fee for providing this service. Even if the advertising is done by the law firm, it is no guarantee that they will take your case unless there is a large settlement to be had.
In truth, the best personal injury lawyers rarely need to advertise as they keep very busy simply from referrals. The reason they receive so many referrals is that other attorneys know they are the best in their field and send personal injury clients to them on a regular basis.
What are personal injury lawsuit punitive damages?
Punitive damages are awards that are meant to punish the defendant for particularly heinous conduct or excessive carelessness or recklessness. Because these damages are meant as a punishment they are arrived at quite differently from compensatory damages.
Punitive damages are meant as a deterrent to future behavior that could cause similar accidents, not only to the defendant but also to others who might engage in such reckless behavior. It is not unusual for punitive damages to exceed tens of millions of dollars and due to this some states have instituted caps on punitive damage awards.
What are the most common compensatory damages awarded in personal injury lawsuits?
• Medical Costs: Because there are almost always medical costs associated with a personal injury claim, these are the most commonly awarded damages. The court will award an amount equal to your current medical costs as well as compensation for any ongoing or future treatments associated with your injuries.
• Lost Wages: In many cases your injuries will have impacted your ability to work and earn a salary. Damages for lost wages are common too, not only for the money you have already lost as a result of the injury, but also any salary or wages you would have earned in the future were it not for your injury.
• Property Damage: If you had damage to any property (automobiles, clothing, personal effects), you will be compensated for the fair market value of these items.
• Pain and Suffering: While it can be difficult to place a monetary value on your pain, you may be entitled to compensation for any pain suffered as a result of the accident or injury, as well as compensation for any pain you may experience in the future that is a direct result of the injury.
• Emotional Suffering: As with pain, emotional suffering can be difficult to quantify in terms of dollars. Still, if you have suffered emotionally or mentally as a result of the accident you may be entitled to compensation for that suffering. These awards are typically for more severe accidents and can include compensation for anxiety, loss of sleep, and fear experienced as a result of the accident.
• Enjoyment loss: If your injury is permanent or disfiguring and causes a loss of your normal hobbies, exercise or other recreational pursuits you may be entitled to damages for loss of enjoyment.
• Consortium loss: These are damages awarded for any loss of relationship with your spouse. This can include sexual relations as well as companionship. In some states the impact on a parent/child relationship can also result in damages due to consortium loss. In some cases, the damages for consortium loss are awarded to the affected spouse or child rather than the plaintiff.
Do I have to hire a personal injury lawyer once I meet with him?
What are personal injury lawsuit compensatory damages?
The intent of compensatory damages is to make the person complete once more from a financial standpoint. Of course, this can be difficult because it entails putting a dollar figure on all the effects of an accident and injury. While some compensatory damages are easy to arrive at, for example lost wages and medical bills, others are more difficult to arrive at.
Can the plaintiff’s actions affect damage awards?
Comparative Negligence: If the court determines that you were even partially at fault for the accident your award will reflect that responsibility. Most states link damage awards to degree of fault in an accident or injury.
Contributory Negligence: There are only a few states that have the concept of contributory negligence, but in those that do you may not be eligible to receive any compensation if it is determined that you had any fault in the accident.
Failure to Mitigate Damages: Most states have stipulations that make the expectation for plaintiff’s to minimize the amount of loss they experience following an accident. If it is determined that you did not take some action that could have reduced the impact of the accident on your finances or injuries you could be faced with a reduced level of damages being awarded.
How much does Arnona Rose charge for personal injury cases?
How do I find a personal injury attorney?
This does not have to be a personal injury attorney. The important thing here is that you trust the attorney’s referral and that they will be able to understand exactly what you need in the way of legal counsel. This will enable them to direct you to the best personal injury attorney for your case.
Another source of referrals is attorney referral services, such as that offered by most state bar organizations, a membership organization such as the American Association for Justice, or an online directory.
What Questions Should I Ask Before Hiring A Personal Injury Attorney?
This will depend on your specific case, but here are some generic questions to get you started:
• What areas of law do you specialize in?
• Have you taken cases similar to mine in the past? How many? How did they turn out?
• Will other attorneys beside yourself be working on my case?
• How long will it take to resolve my case?
• Do you work on a contingency basis?
• Can I do anything to improve the chances of my case being successful?
• If I try to contact you how long will it take for you to return my call?
• Who will answer my questions if you are unavailable?
• How frequently do you go to trial?
• If I am offered a settlement and you recommend I settle, but I disagree, will you still take the case to court?
• Conversely, if I am happy with the settlement offered, but you think we can get more by going to court, will you agree to settle out of court?
• Have you ever been censured or disciplined by any legal or ethics committees in the past? If so, why?
• Can you provide me with references to past clients?
What is my next step?